CentOS Wiki (Was: [CentOS] Updated Yum Docs)

Fri Apr 7 12:58:21 UTC 2006
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> We are working on a Wiki ... it will be done soon.

Johnny,

I hope a lot of thought has been put into the structure and a policy to
revise/update the content.

Since there are different versions of CentOS we need to think whether we
want to share information (and specify exceptions per distribution
version) or whether we want an entry-point per version with a similar
structure underneath and leave them independent.

I'm not sure what the best way would be, but it needs a lot of thought.

One of the best wiki's I have seen that do this sharing of information
where it matters and dividing where it doesn't is ThinkWiki:

	http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

No matter where you start looking for information (models, technologies,
categories) you always end up the right place. I wouldn't be surprised
that the maintainer puts quite a lot of work to keep it simple and
straightforward.

Kind regards,