[CentOS] Thanks

Fri Apr 7 14:28:25 UTC 2006
Robert <kerplop at sbcglobal.net>

Chris Peikert wrote:

>I was unable to find a xorg.conf file. Bloody Linux does not have a search
>feature to find the files and I have been unsuccessful in locating it. When
>I go to the GUI portion to change resolutions I have the same options as you
>listed below. As for rebooting vs logging out ... I still haven't figured
>out how to log out.

"Bloody" Linux is eat smooth up with search features.  Try:
Either the find command
$ find / - name xorg.conf
--OR-- much faster once slocate database update has been done
[rj at mavis ~]$ locate xorg.conf
/oldetc/X11/xorg.conf
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
/usr/X11R6/man/man5/xorg.conf.5x.gz
/usr/X11R6/lib/Server/xorg.conf
[rj at mavis ~]$
--OR-- if you really must use GUI, there's a search feature there also.
Don't know what its called in Gnome but in the KDE desktop they use the
very novel name "Find Files".

The database used by the locate command is updated by running (as root)
the command "updatedb".  Not too cryptic, huh?  For the database to be
automatically updated while you're testing your eyelids for light leaks,
edit the file /etc/updatedb.conf  and down a few lines change the line
that says
DAILY_UPDATE=no
DAILY_UPDATE=yes
and your database will be updated at 4:something each morning.

As far as logging out, I can't help you in Gnome but in KDE the option
is "Logout...".

"Help" is located 'tween "Find Files" and "Logout..." in the KDE menu.