[CentOS] CENTOS . and WEBSENSE ENTERPRISE Compatibility

Mon Apr 10 14:18:51 UTC 2006
Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com>

On 10/04/06, "Juan Manuel Cárdenas N."
<jmcardenasn at atlanticpacificintl.com> wrote:
> We have a problem with  Linux CentOS and Websense  Enterpise Vers. 611.,  I
>
> Setup could not determine Redhat Linux release.
>
> Websense does not support the operating system on
>
> this machine.

The Websense installer's checking the version of RedHat, most likely
by checking the contents of the file /etc/redhat-release.

You can back up this file and edit it to pretend you're running RHEL4
but your application will be unsupported. I can't remember the exact
text you'll need to put in redhat-release but Googling should turn it
up easily enough. Or you can find the check in the install script and
comment it out.

Will.