[CentOS] WOW

Tue Apr 11 14:30:37 UTC 2006
Mike Stankovic <mlists2006 at yahoo.com>

--- Chris Peikert <c.peikert at co.matagorda.tx.us>
wrote:

> I couldn't help but take notice at some of the
> from when I was posting questions due to my
> ignorance of Linux. Some people
> were quick to help, some advanced users I am sure
> ignored me because im not
> worth their time, and then some other users tried to
> help but was unable to
> dumb their speech down to newb levels. However I am
> thankful that there is
> people here to help out. I am hoping someone with
> CentOS will take notice at
> my difficulty in finding the bloody manuals and will
> put a link for future
> newbs that says "Download Manuals Here".  I also
> hope in the future if I
> have questions I will be able to get the answers I
> seek and those who helped
> me before will be able to help me again.
>

> Thanks

It may help if you joined a local library and found
one of the many Redhat/RHEL books that assume your a
complete newbie. The good thing about
RHEL/CentOS/Fedora is the availability of
documentation/books/dvds in bookstores and libraries.
For example the Fedora 3 unleased book is of some use
to CentOS 4 since 87% of the apps in Fedora made it to
CentOS 4.

- You may also consider joining a LUG (Linux User
Group) near you.
- Try the "man yum" to check out info on yum.
- Do a --help on a command
- Do not run as root incase you damage your system
with a wrong command.