[CentOS] Sendmail problem

Tue Apr 11 23:09:58 UTC 2006
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am Mi, den 12.04.2006 schrieb Thomas E Dukes um 1:02:

> The domains are listed in /etc/mail/local-host-names.  My sendmail.mc also
> has the FEATURE(`use_cw_file').  From what I understand this is for
> accepting mail for these domains.  The problem maybe related but the correct
> 'sent from' address is not being applied to outgoing mail.  The scripts
> sending the outgoing mail are set to use a valid user in the domain.
>
> I have no problem getting mail - just the outgoing.

There seems to be a misunderstanding between us. I just tried to explain
to you what LOCAL_DOMAIN would be for. Not that it should be any help.
Set a FQDN hostname. Yours is actually localhost.localdomain. Hint:
HOSTNAME in /etc/sysconfig/network.

Alexander

Serendipity 01:06:40 up 29 days, 1:54, load average: 0.04, 0.14, 0.25