[users] Re: [CentOS] mediawiki-1.4.7-1.2.el4.rf.i386.rpm requirements.

Wed Apr 12 13:56:28 UTC 2006
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Will McDonald wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > I'm migrating an internal Mediawiki over to a new CentOS 4 system. The
> > old server's running FC3 and has a tarball install, ideally I want to
> > stick to properly packaged software as far as possible.
> >
> > [wmcdonald at willspc ~]$ yum deplist mediawiki
> > Finding dependencies:
> > Setting up repositories
> > Reading repository metadata in from local files
> > package: mediawiki.i386 1.4.7-1.2.el4.rf
> >   dependency: tetex-latex
> >    provider: tetex-latex.i386 2.0.2-22.EL4.7
> >   dependency: tetex-dvips
> >    provider: tetex-dvips.i386 2.0.2-22.EL4.7
> >   dependency: ImageMagick
> >    provider: ImageMagick.i386 6.0.7.1-14
> >   dependency: mysql-server >= 3.2.0
> >    provider: mysql-server.i386 4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1
> >   dependency: php >= 4.3.11
> >    Unsatisfied dependency
> >
> > Looking at the RPMForge mediawiki package, it requires php >= 4.3.11
> > which isn't available either from RPMForge or CentOS 4 base.
> > php-4.3.9-3.9 seems to be the latest.
> >
> > What's the best way to proceed here then? I noticed there are PHP5
> > packages in the centosplus repo, but those wouldn't be available to an
> > RHEL system.
> >

> iirc, thats a build issue from sometime back - if its not fixed yet, Dag would
> rebuild the rpm :)

Actually the mediawiki rpm is NOT ready. The SPEC file is not in
subversion and the RPMs should not have been released. It was a work in
progress (so the packages should have at least been marked as test).

That's also why it was never updated or anything and have not been tested
by me. I fixed it now, the mediawiki package will be removed from the
repository in my next update.

Sorry for that.

Kind regards,