[CentOS] Apache sources?

Fri Apr 14 17:44:04 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 4/14/06, Mark Richards <mark.richards at massmicro.com> wrote:
> To install some perl modules (ugh) I need to install a dependency module:
> Apache
> In order that perl's Apache installs, it needs the apache sources.
> The apache sources are not listed in the yum repository for the centos
> version installed (2.0.52-22.ent.centos4)
>
> I managed to find httpd-2.0.52-22.ent.centos4.src.rpm
> But an rpm -iv yielded a buch of messages
>         warning: user updatecentos does not exist - using root
>         warning: group updatecentos does not exist - using root
>
> It appears that more is done than just put files somewhere.  In fact, the
> src.rpm consists mostly of patches.
>
> Question: is there a way to get the sources?

Assuming you did this as root, it dumped the sources in /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/

To get the extracted source, cd to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and do
rpmbuild -bp httpd.spec

There's probably an easier way, or possibly someone has packaged the
module already... but you now have enough info to take aim, and shoot
yourself squarely in the foot. Enjoy!

-Arthur C. Clarke