[CentOS] small issue with bind

Tue Apr 18 20:55:20 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 4/18/06, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I tried to do a "yum install bind" and it said no packages found
> I then tried up2date bind and it installed bind for me.
>
> Is yum not completely setup correctly?
> Just thought th yum install bind would have worked also.

Couple things here.
1.  We don't know what you've done to yum, so there's no way to judge
if you've screwed it up or not. Not enough detail to judge.
2. You're not using the proper package name for bind, up2date is just
more braindead/forgiving about it. On RHEL/CentOS systems it's called
'named'.
3. Checking the yum documentation for 'yum search' or 'yum provides'
or 'yum list available > list' etc would have showed you the
resolution.

-Arthur C. Clarke