[CentOS] firefox-1.5.0.2-2.1.c4.centos.i386.rpm in testing -error message

Fri Apr 21 12:00:43 UTC 2006
Radu Radutiu <rradutiu at gmail.com>

On 4/19/06, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do have one problem which began with 1.5.0.1 and persists in
> 1.5.0.2, which is that occassionally when downloading a file, firefox
> crashes when opening the file in an external application.  With
> 1.5.0.1 it would crash after starting the app, but in 1.5.0.2 it
> crashes before the app is launched.  This doesn't happen consistently,
> and it's only happening to me on CentOS 4.3 -- I have 3.7 on another
> machine and external viewers work fine there.  It seems to be related
> to chosing "Other..." from the "What should firefox do with this"
> dialog and then navigating to an alternate viewer -- I've never seen a
> crash when accepting the default application.

I see the same crash using firefox and thunderbird both starting with
version  1.5 using the standard mozilla.org distribution. For the
mozilla.org packages the crash happens every time I select to open the
file using another application than the default. The crash happens
just after the file selection dialog is closed and before the
application is launched. This happens in CentOS 4.x and Mandrake 10.1
but not on distributions with newer gtk.

Radu