[CentOS] firefox-1.5.0.2-2.1.c4.centos.i386.rpm in testing -error message

Fri Apr 21 14:44:06 UTC 2006
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On 4/21/06, Radu Radutiu <rradutiu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/06, Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I do have one problem which began with 1.5.0.1 and persists in
> > 1.5.0.2, which is that occassionally when downloading a file, firefox
> > crashes when opening the file in an external application.
>
> I see the same crash using firefox and thunderbird both starting with
> version  1.5 using the standard mozilla.org distribution.

Do you / did you by any chance have the Web Developer extension
installed?  I tried uninstalling all my extensions (except language
packs) and then re-installing them one by one, and I can only get the
crash with any reliability when Web Developer is installed.  I've
corresponded with the author, but he says WD doesn't do anything that
affects file download or running of external applications (and he's
not a linux guy so he didn't have any other useful suggestions for me
except to try again with a newly-created profile).