[CentOS] CentOS 4.3 apt repo

Sat Apr 22 13:40:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 06:24 -0700, Mike Stankovic wrote:
> --- Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>
> > Mike Stankovic wrote:
> > > FWIW apt4rpm has long been without development
> > upsteam
> > > since the company that developed it was bought by
> > > Mandriva and dooes not intend to develop it.
> > >

> > not true anymore! apt4rpm is now again under active
> > development, their
> > multilib issues are being worked on and it supports
> > rpm-md format repos
> > ( the sort that yum 2.2+ use )
> >

> Certainly according to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apt4rpm
> and on the developer's page he announces that he has
> packed it in.  If this information is incorrect the
> Wikipedia article/sourceforge projects may well need
> updating.
>
> Where is the new home page of the project and
> where do they announce that PPC/multilib issues
> have been overcome?

https://moin.conectiva.com.br/AptRpm

Panu Matilainen (also active in yum development) has become very
actively involved in apt for rpm.

We may build and release the latest update soon.

Although ... I think the above linked site is the basis for the apt4rpm
program at sourceforge ... so that site may now not be doing anything (I
could be wrong about this though).

The conectiva apt project was almost dead ... but seems now resurrected.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes