[CentOS] compat-libstdc ++

Thu Apr 27 20:31:51 UTC 2006
William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com>

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 16:08 -0400, Nat Gross wrote:
> On 4/27/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/27/06, Nat Gross <nat101l at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > <snip>

> > You may want to consult the man page for yum, and/or the documentation
> > at http://centos.org/docs/4/ about yum.
> >
> > yum list compat\* will show you the available compat packages. Install
> > the ones you need.
> Thanks. I didn't know that I can use regex patterns for yum. It's much
> simpler now.
> <snip sig>

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/docs/html/yum/
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/yum/
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/

and on your local system

file:///usr/share/doc/yum-2.4.2

man yum.conf
man yum-builddep  # Not too usefull for us casual users?
man yumdownloader
man yum
man yum-shell
man yum-arch

I think there's some more, relating to plugins etc. Googling with
advanced along the lines of

    yum site:centos.org

IIRC will also get stuff mentioned in the lists (I'm thinking mostly
about protect base ATM to keep non-base repos from munging your system).

HTH
--
Bill