[CentOS] problem installing centos 4.0 on Compaq Presario SR1722IL

Sat Apr 29 07:20:44 UTC 2006
ankush grover <ankushcentos at gmail.com>

> > > sounds like your secondary ide interface is busted, bad cable or
> > > something....  tried a network install ?
> > >
> > > you could also try booting the installer with ide1=nodma
> > >

> > and ide1=noprobe ( or hdc=noprobe hdc=noprobe)

Hey,

Thanks for your advice on that same machine Windows 2000 and Windows XP are
installed and yestarday I installed few softwares from the combo drive so I
think cd-rom is working fine and morever I was able to install suse
10.0from the combo drive.

I will try installing with hdc=noprobe or ide1=noprobe.

Check your hardware by first booting from a Knoppix disk. And if you
have installed Suse10 then try vesa driver for X problem as suggested.

I will definitely do that.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover