[CentOS] Connect-Disconnect DSL on commandline

Timothy Kesten

centos-lst at gmx.de
Tue Aug 1 13:34:11 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm using CentOS 4.3 on my Desktop-Computer. I've been switched from Suse:
I'm using for Internet-Connection DSL (Germany).
It will be started at boottime. But how can I connect/disconnet this
connection without using a GUI during the Computer is runnig .
Is there a command(-line-tool)?
On Suse there was a program called "cinternet" that fits  for this task.

An other question:
I've running a server in a small Network with Suse 9.0. I want to switch this
server to CentOS because of stability and long support. Because CentOS is a
"clone" of RHEL I've  heared in december 2006 there will be a new version of
RHEL. How long will it takes until CentOS is adapted to this new version?
Is it recommendable to wait for new CentOS?
I dont want setup the server two times in the next 12 month ;-)
Thx
Timothy