[CentOS] Re: DNS Server and SQL backend

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 18:52:29 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 15:35 -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> > And I completely agree, unless that puts trade secrets and daily
> > operations at risk.  But that's another subject entirely.
> >
> > Like I said, I'd love to, but I cannot :)
>
> I have to disagree with both points, specially with the second.
> If sharing the code put your daily operations at risk, to me that
> means "security through obscurity". Ergo, full of bugs.

s/Ergo/Maybe/  # Let's not propagate mindless drivel that supports
justification of one process by invalid and unproven assumptions about
another. I don't by "Ergo" for the same reason I don't buy "We can't
withdraw now or all those kids died for no reason!". Fallacious
assertion based on invalid or unproven assumptions.

> <snip>

> Rodrigo Barbosa
<snip sig stuff>

I believe I could easily be *more* off-topic if led down that path.

--
Bill