[CentOS] Re: Removing Dual Boot

Scott Silva

ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Aug 1 19:32:19 UTC 2006

William L. Maltby spake the following on 7/31/2006 9:07 AM:
> On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 08:58 -0700, Bruno S. Delbono wrote:
>> * on the Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 11:54:02AM -0400, William L. Maltby was tippering:
>
>>> And from the old days, I wonder if this still works.
>>>
>>> boot from anything (usually a floppy) and do
>>>
>>> fdisk /mbr
>> One needs a Win 9x or DOS for this to work. These days, fixmbr works equally
>> well on Windows XP.
>
> Yep. Maybe it is time to toss the floppies for my Win95? I wonder if the
> media is still good? In a box in a cool place. I doubt I load them on
> anything again and I don't want to trust the media for anything actually
> useful.
>
> I'm hanging on to Win98 though until I am convinced that WinXP is
> actually better ... couple more years!  ;-)
XP might not be better, but as of now, it is the only one of the two that is
still supported.
To be real off-topic, has any one else tried Windows 3.1 on a current machine
.. just for nostalgia?
Talk about a fast OS!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...