[CentOS] Open Source NAS/NFS solution

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Aug 1 22:07:20 UTC 2006

Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has anyone got any ideas on a nfs/nas appliance that i can install on
> x86 hardware with a few JBOD shelves attached to it. I would like an
> appliance like install and based on CentOS would be great. I really like
> the look of www.openfiler.com but it seems to be only in RC release
> stage so i don't think the 'boss' would like that idea.

I've worked on openfiler for a while, and its quite a decent product -
the reason why its stayed in RC stage for the openfiler-2 product, is
because they are sorting out some commercial grade support options. If
you dont need the commercial support, go with openfiler now!

<disclaimer>I am no longer associated with the openfiler project, or
Xinit,  directly. I do, however, still try and help people and do some
patches in the open source spirit of things </disclaimer>