[CentOS] Openvpn problem not able to access the other machines on remote subnet

ankush grover ankushcentos at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 12:10:27 UTC 2006

On 8/3/06, René Standfest <centos at standfest.net> wrote:
> Hi Ankush!
>
> ankush grover musste am 03.08.2006 07:06 dies kund tun:
> >> My OpenVPN Configuration works with tap-Interfaces. I think this is easier to
> >> setup and as I have a Windows Network behind it works with no problems because
> >> tap-Interfaces allows broadcasting.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. What iptables configuration you had done on the
> > VPN server  or VPN with tap interfaces does not require iptables
> > configuration ?
>
> I bridged my eth0 and tap0, so they are on the same Subnet and no iptables needed.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I have also configured the same I want to know
what ipaddress you gave to the bridge .

My network is in range of 192.168.5.0/24 and I have given
192.168.5.220/24 to bridge and 192.168.5.230-192.168.5.245 for the
client ipaddresses.

I am using bridge-start and bridge-stop scripts given on the openvpn
site. I have change the settings in those scripts as per lan settings.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover