[CentOS] CentOS Based Fierwall Document

Frank Tanner III pctech at mybellybutton.com
Fri Aug 4 13:09:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 12:06 +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Frank Tanner III wrote:
> >> and who are you ?
> >> and what / where is your firewall doc ?
> >>

> > I am a CentOS user just like yourself.  Nothing more and nothing less.
> > My document was initially created for my own use, but after I got it to
> > a sufficiently "useful" state, I figured that others in the Linux
> > community might like it as well.
>
> <-- snip loads of fluff -->
>
> you are still forgetting something... like. maybe a place to get this
> doc ? if you dont have a place to host it - as Jim and Ralph have
> already pointed out perhaps we could move it into the centos wiki (
> wiki.centos.org ).
>
> as for your attitude, its you who seems to have the problem - dont
> expect people to just know you off the email address you use or directly
> be able to make a connection with a doc that is neither available, nor
> ever been mentioned on this list. Everyone here does not have the time
> or the latitude to follow each and every msg also posted in the forums.
> Actually, i might be surprised if more than a handfull of the thousands
> subscribed here actually watch the forums and the lists.
>
> An email that says "ok, I've updated my doc" means absolutely nothing to
> anyone, unless it also includes some relevant info, my questions to you
> were to follow up for such info.

There goes YOUR attitude again.  I *SPECIFICALLY* stated in my initial
e-mail "or those of you that either have an older revision of my
firewall document, or are otherwise keeping track of it, there is a new
version available.".

How about you climb down off of your high horse and actually READ the
e-mail instead of jumping all over me.  I realize that a rational
conversation is beyond some people's capabilities, as it appears to be
beyond yours, but if you don't have anything USEFUL to contribute, why
contribute at all?

Frank Tanner III (pctech at mybellybutton.com)

ICQ:  1730844
AIM:  KalokSundancer