[CentOS] CentOS Based Fierwall Document

pctech at mybellybutton.com pctech at mybellybutton.com
Fri Aug 4 14:18:20 UTC 2006

>Frank Tanner III wrote:
>
>> There goes YOUR attitude again.  I *SPECIFICALLY* stated in my initial
>> e-mail "or those of you that either have an older revision of my
>> firewall document, or are otherwise keeping track of it, there is a new
>> version available.".
>
>if you want your own private mailing list, go start one. bye bye! If you
>are going to post something here, making it meaningful to people who
>read the list - is a good thing, and expected from all posters.

It *WAS* meaningful.  For the people that it was applicable to.  Then people decided that because it wasn't applicable to them that they should flame me.

It's attitudes such as this as to why people say, "You can never get good support with Open Source software."

I came onto the list trying to be HJELPFUL, and got burnt to the ground instead.  JUST like in the forums.  I guess they'er right.  No good deed goes unpunished.

Now I understand why nobody has offered a document like this to the community before.  It certainly makes me want to keep all of my future documents to myself.  They're OBVIOUSLY only a bother to everyone and nobody wants them.