[CentOS] Re: CentOS Based Fierwall Document

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Aug 4 22:32:54 UTC 2006

Daniel de Kok spake the following on 8/4/2006 6:38 AM:
> On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 06:12 -0700, Frank Tanner III wrote:
>> It's a well known "fact" amongst the general public that the Linux
>> "evangelists" are a rude flaming bunch.  There are hundreds of news
>> articles stating such.  An THIS is what the public in general bases
>> their attitudes with regards to the community as a whole on.
>
> You have to keep in mind that support from lists like this one are
> voluntary in nature. So, it only seems decent to try to get the
> etiquette of the list, and (although it does not apply here) research a
> problem before posting questions to the list.
>
> IMHO calling Linux community members a "rude flaming bunch" is highly
> inappropriate. The community built a free operating system, and provides
> free support. If people need hand holding or extensive support they can
> get a support contract from a prominent North-American Linux vendor, or
> one of the other venues that provides Linux support.
>
> -- Daniel
I have seen some fair amount of handholding on this list and also the CentOS
list. Can we just say that since it is Friday, and everybody has had a tough
week, that maybe we could just go on and let it die quietly!

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and