[CentOS] How do I revert back to a non-CentOSPlus install?

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 07:19:41 UTC 2006

> The purpose of protect base is to allow you to do updates from a
> repository and prevent updating any protected packages but allow
> updating of non-protected packages.
>
> php would show up as protected ... and would not update.

This was discussed before on a thread I started a few weeks ago ... if
the [base] section contains

protect=1
exclude=php*

then the php packages from centosplus would be available, along with
any other centosplus packages that do not have corresponding packages
in the base, while protecting the overlapping packages.

> You need to edit the centosplus section of CentOSBase.repo and use:
>
> includepkgs=php*

That works when protectbase is not used.  Which approach is preferable
probably depends on how many packages one wants from centosplus, and
on whether one wants to protect the base packages from any other repos
one may have enabled (such as rpmforge).