[CentOS] Seamonkey

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Aug 6 20:46:56 UTC 2006

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On 8/6/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Seamonkey is the new mozilla, which both obsoletes the old mozilla
>> packages, and provides mozilla = 37:1.8.
>
> Yes, I understand that part.  I was more expressing surprise that
> there isn't some OTHER mechanism from the upstream by which to force
> mozilla to be replaced with seamonkey.

yum --obsoletes update

that should do-the-right-thing. The issue is that yum will only list for
update, a newer E-V-R for a package with the same name only. but using
the --obsoletes flag, gets yum checking for packages that might obsolete
something already installed, and considering them for updates as well.