[CentOS] htaccess htpasswd and satellite connections

Cleber P. de Souza cleberps at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 23:58:55 UTC 2006

The access to your server should not be a problem, only the latency should be.
There are some ways for tuning Linux for this kind of link, some links
that could help you:
http://dsd.lbl.gov/TCP-tuning/linux.html
This said about using hybla as the congestion control algorithm. Has
someone used this?

On 8/7/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/7/06, John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com> wrote:
> > Yeah, maybe this is a bit on the edge....
> >
> > I am discovering several issues with users on satellite internet
> > connections not being able to authenticate via a htaccess/htpasswd
> > system. Some users cannot connect at all, some can connect reliably..
> > and some are hit and miss.. works one day and not the next. Yet those
> > same users can log in fine if they switch back to their dialup system.
>
> htaccess/htpasswd should have nothing to do with satellite internet.
> Either they can get there or not. They may be having timeout issues
> which sould be due to the latency of satellite internet, but not an
> issue with authentication itself.
>
> --
> During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.
> George Orwell

***
Cleber P. de Souza