[CentOS] htaccess htpasswd and satellite connections

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Tue Aug 8 14:36:05 UTC 2006

Cleber P. de Souza wrote:
> The access to your server should not be a problem, only the latency
> should be.
> There are some ways for tuning Linux for this kind of link, some links
> that could help you:
> http://dsd.lbl.gov/TCP-tuning/linux.html
> This said about using hybla as the congestion control algorithm. Has
> someone used this?
It isn't clear to me, but it seems like this is a problem from the other
end, not my end? I don't see where the htaccess login attempt is making
to my system. So are these for systems which are on satellite?

I really didn't say in my original post, but we are on fiber here with
plenty of bandwidth for our needs and server loads on the system in
question are completely acceptable. Most of the time under 1. We are a
hosting company and simply trying to provide additional services for our
clients and in this case htaccess is by far the best solution for login
to a protected directory.

Thanks,
John Hinton