[CentOS] Help with up2date updates

Tue Aug 8 16:36:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 04:08 -0400, Juan C. Valido wrote:
> I got this updates to do but the package requires a newer version of
> mozilla, and I can't install it, I get the following error message.
> Thanks
>
> There was a package dependency problem.  The message was:
>
> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
> devhelp-0.10-0.2.el4.centos4             requires mozilla = 37:1.8
>

> The following packages were added to your selection to satisfy
> dependencies:
> Package                                Required by
>
> Please modify your package selections and try again.

The seamonkey upgrade requires:

yum upgrade

OR

yum --obsoletes update

That is required instead of up2date to do the seamonkey upgrade due to
an issue with the way up2date using yum repos work.

We are looking at the up2date issue to see if we can solve it, in the
meantime, you can use yum to do this specific update where mozilla is
obsoleted by seamonkey.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes