[CentOS] Where's rpmbuild ???

Nicholas Anderson

nicholas at fiocruz.br
Wed Aug 9 16:59:51 UTC 2006

Hi All,

hi all, dont know if there's something wrong with my system or what, but
i can't find "rpmbuild" command ...
is it a package separated from rpm? I dont think so cause there's no
rpmbuild package in yum .... neither in rpmforge repositories ....
the strange thing is that my system has the manuals for it, but the it
doesnt have the binary (command itself)....

I was following instructions in a manual, and it asks me to do a
"rpmbuild --rebuild  package", but i dont know how to do it if a dont
have rpmbuild  .....  :-(

--
Nicholas Anderson
Administrador de Sistemas Unix