[CentOS] Server Hacked: Cpanel

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Aug 9 21:26:10 UTC 2006

William L. Maltby wrote:

> Same here, even in my own net (I have grandchildren: they can be
> "snoopy"). The darn trouble is trying to remember them all, including
> those for different 'net sites; all have a different password.

The solution to that is a secure password manager.
http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/

You just have to remember the one password and the program will track
all of the rest for you.  This way you can use gibberish passwords for
important sites such as online banking and you don't have to remember
them or write them down anywhere.  The password database is encrypted
using Twofish and SHA-256.

The only real downside is that if you don't have access to the
password manager, you don't have access to anything else either.

Oh...and don't forget backup the password database! :)

--
Bowie