[CentOS] Multi-Card reader (SD, MMC, etc) and CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN kernel option in 34.0.2. Workaround

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Aug 10 14:45:04 UTC 2006

Quoting "J.J. Garcia" <stigmatedbrain at gmail.com>:

> Hi folks,
>
> Im trying to get a multi-card reader on centos (SD, MMC, and so, 4 card
> slots) and i have read (http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~ggbaker/personal/cf-linux)
> that CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN should be enabled on kernel (=Y) but current
> 34.0.2 doesn't have it enabled by default, is there any particular
> reason to not be enabled?

Because some broken SCSI devices choke on that, and you don't really need it.

> By the other hand i've also tweak the /etc/grub.conf file to boot the
> kernel with max_luns=32 and results are the same, only scsc lun=0 is
> recognized.

Not sure, but on command line you might need to specify for what
module the option is (also, it is loadable module, not part of static
kernel).  Try passing "scsi_mod.max_luns=32" to the kernel.

Have you tried putting it into /etc/modprobe.conf (options scsi_mod
max_luns=32) and rebuilding initrd image after that?  That's the way I
was doing it so far, and it always worked for me.

Also, since it is really USB device, could it be it doesn't have LUNs at all?

--
NOTICE: If you are not intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that by reading this message you agreed not to disturb frogs during