[CentOS] Multi-Card reader (SD, MMC, etc) and CONFIG_SCSI_MULTI_LUN kernel option in 34.0.2. Workaround

J.J. Garcia stigmatedbrain at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 07:06:44 UTC 2006

El jue, 10-08-2006 a las 09:45 -0500, Aleksandar Milivojevic escribió:
> Quoting "J.J. Garcia" <stigmatedbrain at gmail.com>:

<...>
> Have you tried putting it into /etc/modprobe.conf (options scsi_mod
> max_luns=32) and rebuilding initrd image after that?  That's the way I
> was doing it so far, and it always worked for me.

Question rised:

Is it better the approach of "# echo >/proc/scsi/scsi "scsi add-single-
device x 0 0 a" where 'X'=scsi channel, and 'a' value from 1 to n-1
(N=max LUNS in the card reader) than this actual of modifying the kernel
module option? I mean, to try to minimize the risks of having kernel
oops in automatic probing luns.

Since Fedora folks are whitelisting this units that leads me to that
conclusion and im not sure about it and not an expert ...

Ideas allways wellcomed

Jose