[CentOS] Building a live CD and live PXE

Ron Yorston rmy at tigress.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 14:49:17 UTC 2006

"Eduardo Grosclaude" <eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com> wrote:
>Great! I was just looking for this! Unfortunately there seems to be
>something missing: by the time we run the first yum command, there's no
>distroverpkg package installed under $LIVE to query for $releasever.
>---------------
>Should the user install centos-release RPM with prefix equal to $LIVE
>beforehand?
>Or is there any other easy but correct way to pass this variable to yum?

I got around this by editing my yum repo files to replace $releasever
with 4.  Which is horrible, so I too would like to know if there's a
better way.

I still can't get it to work, though.  I do get about 90MB of stuff
installed, as promised, but there are lots of '%post(...) scriptlet
failed' messages during the installation.  Although many things are
installed into the chroot area there are clearly some things missing.
The first command I typed in the chroot was 'ls', but /bin/ls isn't
there even though, according to yum.log, coreutils was installed.

Actually, I was able to scroll back far enough to see this during the
installation:

error: %pre(coreutils-5.2.1-31.2.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
error:   install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping coreutils-5.2.1-31.2

Ron