[CentOS] Running firefox on a remote host on centos-4

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Mon Aug 14 21:08:09 UTC 2006

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 at 10:05pm, John Masters wrote
> On 8/14/06, Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Oh, I've got remote X working just fine.  It's just getting firefox to
>> actually run on the remote box that's the issue.
>>
> Sorry, I'm not a Linux guru and I may be off centre here, but ssh -X
> remote.domain then at command prompt firefox opens up firefox on my remote
> machine or gedit opens gedit or xxxx opens whatever X app. Running bog
> standard CentOS 4.3 with no extra repos and all updates.

But what if you've already got firefox running on the local host, then you
ssh to a remote host and try to run firefox there?  For me, that just
spawns another window of the local firefox session.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering