[CentOS] Mdadm Dependancies - Centos 4.3

centos at bathnetworks.com

Tue Aug 15 17:03:11 UTC 2006

Hiya,

I have a mail server (Qmail) and just tried to install mdadm to monitor
the raid arrays via Yum and it tried to install exim. Is this correct? I
guess that it is looking for an MTA so why is it not finding Qmail (linked
to /usr/lib/sendmail). One possibility is that I used yum to actually
uninstall sendmail, but installed qmail from source as it needed patching.

Any way out of this apart from installing mdadm from an rpm with no deps/

Rob