[CentOS] Running firefox on a remote host on centos-4

Anne Possoz anne.possoz at epfl.ch
Wed Aug 16 00:53:24 UTC 2006

> Back in the day (read: before the latest firefox update), I used to be
> able to ssh to a remote box, run 'firefox -local', and have that box fire
> up its own firefox session even if I was running firefox on the system
> from I which I sshed.  Those days seem to be gone.  No matter what I try, if
> I've got firefox running on my local desktop, the remote firefox command just
> fires off another instance of the local firefox session.

This is relied to the problem I have using "firefox -P" on my
local centos to try to start a new instance of firefox with a
different profile.

My solution is to start
env MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1 firefox -P

Could you try that? I checked it through ssh and it works. Just
that you have to chose the profile at start.

					Anne
--
Anne Possoz, Domaine IT-GE            Espace logiciel libre à l'Ecole
Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)