[CentOS] Problem Installing rrdtool

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 11:31:36 UTC 2006

On 8/16/06, dennis <dennis at bulacan.gov.ph> wrote:

> hi to all,
>
> im currently installing rrdtool-1.2.15 with my box CentOS 4.3 final ,before
> i installed rrdtools there 2 files suggested need to installed the FreeType
> 2 and libart_lgpl 2.3 everything is fine when installed two files but when i
> try to installed rrdtool when i issue command ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.15
> this should the output ,any suggestion what's the problem ,thanks to all in
> advance

It's far better to stick with rpms on an rpm based system. This way
all the other software knows about each other via the rpm database,
and you don't run into missing dependencies, version conflicts, and
other issues that like to creep up.

Several repositories have rrdtool packaged for centos including
dag/rpmforge listed in another repsponse here and the kbs-Extras
repository maintained by Karanbir ( he's a nice guy like that). It's
really far better to use one of these than to build your own.

See http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories for your answers. The
KBS-Extras repository is at centos.karan.org, and dag's repo is at
dag.wieers.com/packages/

George Orwell