[CentOS] Printing problem with CUPS and lp/lpr

Alfred von Campe alfred at 110.net
Wed Aug 16 20:37:57 UTC 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 13:43, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:

> I think all the options for lpoptions are documented in the CUPS docs.
> You can easily get to them by going to http://localhost:631 on the box
> where you set up the printers (or from somewhere else on the
> network, if
> you configured CUPS to give admin access to remote hosts).

I've perused (some of) the CUPS docs, but I haven't found anything
that controls printing plain text files with lpr.  Using enscript,
which converts a text file to PostScript works just fine.  Worst
case, I'll tell all the users to always use enscript.  But it's
bugging me that I can't fix the lpr issue.

Alfred