[CentOS] Building a basic router with two nic's

kai centos at sandsengen.com
Wed Aug 16 21:53:26 UTC 2006

Chris Mauritz wrote:
> By the way, if you just want to set up a simple bridge between two
> networks, I remember reading an article in Linux Journal last year
> sometime (fires up Google....here it is):
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8172
Thank you for the link to the article, yes that's the funksion I'm
looking for.
But then, maybe a lame question,
How to set up a router that just forward packets to next hop?

I have googled my self blue without anything.

Yes I have 2 nic,s on the same machine and using a crossed cable, so
hooking up on each side works fine.

I need to hook up equipment on the one side to monitor packets used, and
also I would like to use the CentOS as a router towards the wan with my
new sangoma s518 card, but if I can't route between two simple nic's I
feel stuck.

Thanks