[CentOS] Big load

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 14:04:44 UTC 2006

Might be off track, but I personally get the impression there's a bug in the
load calculation. I posted on this list a few months back where one of our
boxes had a permanent load of one which started at 4am the same time as some
crons kicked off. No processes were outstanding, checked for rootkits etc.
Killed all processed and it stilled stayed at one with nothing running, with
cpu at zero etc. Ended up rebooting and its been fine since.