[CentOS] Nvidia Geforce 5200 graphic card

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Aug 17 19:52:58 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 13:17, Josep M. wrote:
> I have a Nvidia Geforce 5200 graphic card, the quality much is less that
> in windows, I would like how I can adjust this. Image quality is good,
> but usual desktop have much less quality, I use 1024*768 in both.

Ok, let me get this straight.  You're using 1024x768 resolution in both Linux
and Windows, right?  If not resolution, what exactly do you mean
by 'quality?'

The only thing the nVidia closed source driver buys you is better hardware
acceleration, particularly 3D (I have a GeForce 5700, and the perceived
quality under Fedora Core 5 and Windows XP is, to me, identical).
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology