[CentOS] Help: Marvell sk98lin driver missing from Centos 3 PXE initrd.img

Ian Kaufman iank at mac.com
Thu Aug 17 23:23:12 UTC 2006

Hi Mike,

It may not be what you did, but rather the sk98lin drivers being horribly
broken, especially with the newer Yukon 88E805X gigabit NICs. I just
struggled with a backported version of the sky2 driver in the 2.6.9-34.0.2
kernel and the 88E8055 Yukon NIC (as found on the latest Fujitsu T4210
tablet convertible). Unfortunately, the backported drivers I was sent
only go back as far as 2.6.7 for compatibility.

John Linville at Red Hat has some 2.4.21-44 test kernels that have slightly
newer sky2 drivers:

http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/rhel3/

I used his RHEL4 test kernels and it worked well, but alas other issues kept
me from using it, and I had to backport the driver myself.

Ian