[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel - Request for input

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Fri Aug 18 09:14:11 UTC 2006

Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 05:17:02PM -0500, Johnny Hughes enlightened us:
>> I need all the input in the next few days ... so don't put it off :)
>
> The advansys scsi driver would be nice to have. I believe you have to turn
> off CONFIG_CLEAN_COMPILE in order for it to become available. If doing that
> is a showstopper, then I understand.

I have looked into the advansys driver issue while talking to someone on
#centos who had one of those cards.

The driver is flagged as BROKEN in the 2.6 line, so you have to enable
CONFIG_BROKEN to get it into the kernel.

So I'd rather *not* see that driver in centosplus. But that's just me.
Furthermore: The driver doesn't seem to be maintained anymore in 2.6.

Ralph
--
Ralph Angenendt......ra at br-online.de | .."Text processing has made it possible
Bayerischer Rundfunk...80300 München | ....to right-justify any idea, even one