[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel - Request for input

David Hrbáč hrbac.conf at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 18 10:46:02 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes napsal(a):
> We will also work out a way for the modules to be moved between kernels
> or provide them as standalone modules for install.

Johnny, what modules are you talking about? Do you mean kernel module
generally? As I have written a few weeks ago, I guess we have to start
thinking about kernel modules. In Fedora project there is now huge
discussion on kernel modules packaging. Mainly kmod vs kmod+kver vs kmdsl:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AxelThimm/kmdls/kmods_vs_kmdls_at_a_glance
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AxelThimm/kmdls/
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/KernelModules
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/KernelModulesWithKverInName

Are there any plans what type to support in CentOS?
David Hrbac