[CentOS] CentOSPlus kernel - Request for input

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Fri Aug 18 11:19:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 22:52 -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Oh, and if 2.6.9-34.0.2.EL is not the current base kernel, how do I
> get
> it to upgrade after I have selected the plus kernel?   I did a yum
> list
> without the plus repo selected and it did not indicate any newer
> version.

I was only able to do this by explicitly forcing the install with rpm
(smart would probably work as well) as the lexical ordering makes the
older plus kernels appear newer than the latest base kernels to dep
solvers.  Flagged this to Johnny and it should be fixed in the future.

Phil