[CentOS] [OT] RedHat's licence, CentOS rebuild

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 18 21:16:52 UTC 2006

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 16:32 -0400, William Hooper wrote:
>

> <snip>
>

>> 1) Point me to the clause in the GPL that says you have to give the
>> source away to someone you didn't give binaries to.
>

> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesWrittenOfferValid

"If you commercially distribute binaries not accompanied with source code..."

All someone has to do is distribute binaries and source code together to
their customers and they don't need to provide the source code to
everyone.  RHN already provides RPMs and SRPMS.  A publicly accessible FTP
site is not required.

--
William Hooper