[CentOS] CentOS vs. Nokia Phones

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sat Aug 19 14:15:41 UTC 2006

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 10:52:36PM -0300, Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:
> > I have been trying to access my Nokia 6230 using a DKU-2 data cable from
> > CentOS, with some weird results.
> (...)
> > Does anyone has any better experience with this setup ?
>
> I just found the answer here.
> It takes a combination of obexftp (recompiled, Dag's won't work, because
> it has no dku2libusb support) for file transfer and gnokii (using a nonstandard
> nokia_sku2) driver for information.
>
> Freaking 6230 doesn't provide FBUS support, so things get a bit complicated.
>
> Anyway, I'm now able to upload and download files.
>
> For historical reference, this is the best place to start when
> researching this:
>
> http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/DKU2

Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for answering your own question and making a difference !
This mail caused me to rethink the current openobex support.

The problem is that Red Hat is still at openobex 1.1 in FC5, while the
latest release is 1.3. So I am sticking to openobex 1.1 for now.

openobex 1.1 has a problem with older libusb (undefined reference to
`usb_get_string_simple') so I have to disable usb support in openobex from
EL3 and lower otherwise obexftp get these undefined references.

So thanks to your mail I looked again to obexftp, updated openobex to 1.1
(with usb support on EL4, but please do check!) and upped obexftp to 0.19.
(obexftp 0.20 has problems with openobex 1.1, likely needs an openobex
update)

Let me know if this improves the experience.

Kind regards,