[CentOS] Flash streams sound distorted

fredex

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Aug 20 18:55:04 UTC 2006

Hi gang!

I'm hoping for some advice here,...

I've been having this problem for a while and have come to the point where
I need someone else's guidance/suggestions/help...

I'm running a Cenotos-4 system. It was originally a TAO Linux-1 system,
that was upgraded to Tao-4, and subsequently switched (via yum, using the
procedure created by the Tao maintainer with--I assume--assitance from the
Centos maintainers) to Centos-4.

Ever since the upgrade from tao-1 to tao-4, Flash audio is horribly
distorted.

I've reinstalled the flash-7 plugin more than once, most recently today.
Today I also went through the entire system making sure there is only
a single copy of the files flashplayer.xpt and libflashplayer.so, and
that they are the newest ones from today.

What brings it to a head today is that my local NPR station appears to have
switched to providing their audio stream as flash. At least I am no longer
offered any choice (it used to allow us to choose windows media, real, or
quicktime, all of which worked with mplayer), flash being what I get.

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Fred
                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.