[CentOS] lvm2 mirroring in upcoming centos 4.4, was: FDISK help

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 12:41:46 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 03:44, Morten Torstensen wrote:

> > lvm2 does, now, support mirrors.

> With LVM, it is pretty easy to do mirroring, since all you have to do is map
> more than one PE to each LE. I'm looking forward to test this feature. It could
> also deprecate utilities like pvmove, since you would not really need it anymore.

Can you add a mirror to any LVM after creating it without
making provisions ahead of time as you must when setting
up raid devices?   I have found it useful to create 'broken
raid' devices that could be mirrored on demand to external
drives and have been thinking about doing it over iscsi too.
However it doesn't seem possible to install the system on
a raid with missing devices.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com