[CentOS] Re: Messages are bouncing

Rodrigo Barbosa rodrigob at darkover.org
Tue Aug 22 15:30:00 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 04:18:34PM +0100, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
> > Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> >> Hi Everyone,
> >>
> >> I've had a few messages sent to the list bounce.  Looks like the centos
> >> mail server IP is blacklisted.  Here's the error:
> >>
> >> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
> >> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
> >> addresses.
> >> This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
> >>
> >> <centos at centos.org>:
> >> 72.21.40.12 does not like recipient.
> >> Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; Client host [68.142.225.207]
> >> blocked using multihop.dsbl.org; http://dsbl.org/listing?68.142.225.207
> >> Giving up on 72.21.40.12.
> >>
> >> Anyone else notice this?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Ranbir
> >>

> > could you please follow this up with the BlockList people and find out
> > whats going on please ? if you need anything from this end, feel free to
> > ask.
>
> actually, what i make of this is that your end is blocked, not
> mail.centos.org

I can confirm that one.

While none of the address are listed in any "major" RBL (multihop.dsbl.org
certainly isn't), there are a few listings for both addresses (checking
122 different RBLs, ick). Here is a summary for both addresses:

Address 72.21.40.12 is listed on the following DNSBLs:

bl.redhatgate.com
blackhole.compu.net
pm0-no-more.compu.net
dnsbl.regedit64.net
dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net
ybl.megacity.org

Address 68.142.225.207 is listed on the following DNSBLs:

unconfirmed.dsbl.org
bl.redhatgate.com
blackhole.compu.net
blacklist.spambag.org