[CentOS] Messages are bouncing

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Aug 23 09:23:35 UTC 2006

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote on Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:45:13 -0300:

> That's only the tip of the iceberg, so to speak. From that 122 RBLs
> I mentioned, I actually only use 3 regularly, and another 2 in some
> specially sensitive servers:
>
> sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org
> relays.ordb.org
> dnsbl.njabl.org

I use two of these as well, and in the same order, but I found ordb.org
too ineffective when I tested several RBLs some years ago. My "second" RBL
is safe.sorbs.net.

> bl.spamcop.net

too agressive in my eyes, but certainly effective.

> Even my best servers will still show listed on 5 or 6 RBLs. Usually
> those same 6 above.

That doesn't surprise me, 5 of them are not on DNS and the first domain
belongs to a domain grabber it seems. What RBL lookup do you use? It seems
to be unreliable. There *are* RBLs which just list *every* IP they don't
have business with, but the above don't belong in this category, they are
just dead.
I recommend using this one:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=

Kai