[CentOS] Kind of OT: internal imap server

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Thu Aug 24 04:22:58 UTC 2006

Rodrigo Barbosa wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 11:27:50AM +0800, Feizhou wrote:
>>> On the other hand a very nice approach to an outside DMZ relay
>>> is to use sendmail with MimeDefang (http://www.mimedefang.org)
>>> to coordinate scanning with clamav, spamassassin, etc.  It
>>> has an option to check for valid users via smtp to the delivery
>>> server so you don't have to set up anything extra for this
>>> other than the snippet of perl that controls it all.  There is
>>> a moderately active mail list with helpful advice.
>>>
>> i'd rather use postfix in tandem with clamav and spamassassin. sendmail
>> sucks. milter sucks.
>
> YEAH ! Flamewar ! Yohooooooooooooo!

haha. well, i guess having had to immediately upgrade more than a dozen
boxes running sendmail whenever a remote exploit was found kind of made
me rather unwilling to deal with it anymore after the peace and quiet I
get from running postfix. Also, not having to decipher them sendmail
rulesets and create new ones were a relief. Then there was the
instability of milter to contend with...

I guess that is all long past now is it?

> But only when editing the configuration file with VI. Emacs sucks.

/rotfl

> But only when running on Linux. FreeBSD sucks.

Still? Haven't they improved performance yet? ;)

> But only when using AMD processors. Intel sucks.

YEAH! :D

> But only on ext3 filesystems. Reiserfs sucks.

...it would appear all Linux fs suck :(. I haven't tried JFS though.

> But only when the server is located on earth. Mars sucks.

But you get super cooling there ;)

> Did I miss anything ?

OpenBSD and Solaris. :D